Louis Vuitton - A disgusting return policy!

Update added by user Sep 23, 2015

So I have use the LV bag now for amost a year.Is the bag worth $2000?

absolutely not. The bag has a ring that attached to a strap and it constantly pinched the skin on my shoulder.

So I just handheld or hang it in my arms.Therefore, it is a lesson learned, never again and life goes on....

Original review posted by user Jan 04, 2015

Wow!I wish I read this before wishing for an LV bag.

My husband surprised me with this bag for christmas. I used it for less than hour but decided I do not want such an expensive bag. We took it to LV store to return. They asked if I used it and I said I did.

They replied and said Im sorry, all sales are final. I was disgusted and cannot believe it this is how they treat their customers! As you can see the bags is brand new! This is a big company that should honor return within 14 days, what a shame!

I will never step in this store and will never give them a penny. People learn from this. Do not give any of your business to LV!

you will be sorry!if something happen to your bag, they will not refund it, period!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Luxury / Jewelry
review #578322 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Louis Vuitton? Submit review ›
Helpful? 8 Yes 8 6 No 6
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 30 #1192625 Baton Rouge, Louisiana

This is absolutely not true. You may have gotten a bad associate.

0 1 Reply

Jul 24 #1189331 Joplin, Missouri

Handbag stores have this policy. Why would you want to buy a handbag that was used even for an hour not knowing what kind of person had it before you? I sure wouldn't.

0 2 Reply

Sep 01 #1206689 Brunswick, Georgia

Clothes are used when you purchase them. Models use clothing all the time,dry clean it, hang it back in the store. Models wear shoes use duck tape on the bottom return them. Not unusual at all. Get real! Why do you think there are sales?

0 0 Reply

Feb 04 #1106611

You are contradicting yourself. You carried it (Yes, even for an hour counts because that's how most top designer brands work) and you TOLD the SA you used it, so why are you calling it brand new? Because it's not anymore. LV does offer return/exchange within a very small period and ONLY on brand new items. Carrying it for an hour is no difference to the store than someone who used it for weeks and months because bottom line is the bag is now USED. LV stores do not resell used bags so suddenly this bag, which you told the store was used, is now worth $0. Of course the store is going to say no. Even as a regular LV customer myself, my SA still explains very clearly to me their return/exchange policy every single time even though she knows I'm well aware of it.
But I don't agree with the other person who commented about class. Carrying an LV doesn't "bump" you into a higher class and same goes the other around. However, just note that buying LV on a regular basis and have a good, long history with your SA will help you in situations like this. A regular, in your situation, may be able to do a return/exchange depending on their SA. Not a guarantee and doesn't mean the regular customer is any better than you (or your husband). It's just that the SA will want to "please" a regular more. Unfortunately LV SAs don't treat all customers equally. It's the same pretty much across all top luxury brands - Chanel, Hermes (Oh god, don't even get me started with Hermes sales).

3 44 Reply

Jan 20 #1097774 Ashburn, Virginia

Here's a simplified version of the lesson LV was trying to teach you; you aren't the sort of customer they want seen carrying their bags. Most of those complaining here need to learn their place in society. LV doesn't need to care about what they think about their brand or how they're crying to the BBB. Stick to QVC lmao....

4 61 Reply

Jan 31 #1104135

And what kind of customer are you to be able to "sort" lower, middle class buyers? The noveau riche? Ow common!

38 2 Reply

Sep 01 #1206687 Brunswick, Georgia

My money(rich or poor) is aas good as anyone elses! Never ever judge a book by its cover either.

1 0 Reply

Jan 10 #1091954

Returning an item means there is a quality issue, irregardless whether its an expensive item or nor one belongs in the middle, upper, lower class in society.
I will not settle for something defective even if it is just a piece of pen bought in Walmart.
This is a venue to help others not malign anyone.

31 4 Reply

Jan 20 #1097776

Well, Vuitton's return policy doesn't agree, so they can do as they wish. Customers are made aware at purchase, so it's the buyer's responsibility to practice enough due diligence before making a purchase.

3 47 Reply

Jan 31 #1104048

The thing is, with the prices LV charges they can ABSOLUTELY afford to take back the rare return AND take the monetary "loss''.
We all know it doesn't COST $800-$8,000 to actually MANUFACTURE these bags, even with materials and labor.
They are making profit hand over fist and are Beyond GREEDY.
Luxury retailers are worse than banks.

40 1 Reply

Feb 04 #1106616

They can but they are not obligated to. It's the same thing then with homeless people or charities, should we all go around and blame people for not donating portion of their salaries to charity? Hey, you make 50K, you can ABSOLUTELY afford to donate a little? If you do then good for you but you certainly not have to.
It's not called greedy - it's called doing business. Why should they take the loss when it's your buyer's remorse.

3 38 Reply

Jan 10 #1091951

Totally agree

5 0 Reply

Sep 23, 2015 #1038257

You used the purse and now you want your money back??? lol

5 41 Reply

Sep 23, 2015 #1038279

Yes I did use it for about about 15min. Overall, it is a lesson learned, LOL! I will never buy from them again. But the the fact LV said it can be return within 14 days was not accurate. And no I dont want a refund anymore. I have the bag now for almost a year. It is all good! :)

23 5 Reply

Feb 04 #1106619

LV's return policy IS accurate. It's you with buyer's remorse who is NOT accurate. It's return within 14 days on BRAND NEW items. I'm glad it's a lesson learned because you need it if you ever planning on buying any kind of luxury goods (or just buying stuff in general).
14 days return on brand new items DOES NOT EQUAL 14 days return on used stuff.

3 29 Reply

Feb 12, 2015 #944653

I suggest you report them to Better Business Bureau and other Consumer Complaint Agency.

10 3 Reply

Feb 12, 2015 #944665 Phoenix, Arizona

I did with BBB but no words from LV. Apparently, there are numbers of complaints against them. They are a big company and this is is how they do their business. They will not honor return period, they might offer exchange. As for me, lesson learned. I know that I will never spend my money on them. The only reason I am here is to let others know. Thank you for your advice. Be bless! :D

14 2 Reply

Feb 12, 2015 #944752 San Antonio, Texas

I will pursue my complaint through. I believe it doesnt mean they're a big company, they will not abide by good business practice. God bless us who makes these company big only to be treated like this

10 5 Reply

Jan 09 #1091592 Moline, Illinois

Vuitton is a luxury house and was never intended to be touched by the lower classes, so it's appalling to see these tacky middle aged, middle class whiners think they can return a Vuitton like they return 90% of their Walmart ***... There's a reason you'll never get a warm response from them; it's in their best jnterest NOT to care about your kind.

4 63 Reply

Jan 31 #1104132

Anyone for that matter, lower, middle, upper class can buy anything that they want to buy. It does not say in any store that "hey, only the rich can come inside and buy". That is not the issue here.
You buy something, of course, fair trade practice, you expect to get your moneys' worth. You have the right to return it within reasonable limits. I don't see that as whining. THAT is everyones's right, young and old alike.

42 0

1-20 of 21 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.